Aggro Mage VS Aggro Mage: The Exciting Mirror Match

I just finished playing a game of Hearthstone. It was a mirror match between two aggro mage users. He had Violet Teacher, which I did not have because I'm that unlucky when it comes to opening packs. Additionally, it was a clear New Age Mage deck list that was used by my opponent, as it also had Bloodmage Thalnos and Acolyte of Pain. My deck varied a bit from his because I included a couple of Wolf Riders and one Blizzard to accompany my two Flamestrikes.

Aggro Mage Hearthstone

I was down to 5, and my opponent had three times my remaining life points. I wiped his board with Flamestrike so all he had now was a Mana Wyrm, but I was fearing that my own side of the board would be wiped eventaully. And that he did with his own Flamestrike, making it his Mana Wyrm a 2/3. Luckily, I had an Acolyte of Pain which I can ping with my hero skill to draw some cards, along with Azure Drake. Before he ended his turn, I was at 4 because of his hero skill.

Aggro Mage Hearthstone

On my turn before this, I played my second Azure Drake and Sorcerer's Apprentice, allowing me to cast Arcane Missiles which, through the help of Mage's hero skill, helped bring down the Mana Wyrm. On his final turn, as you can see at the left side, he cast a a Bloodmage Thalnos and pinged it with his own hero skill to draw a card. And that card was a Frostbolt to my face, bringing me down to one point.

Next, my final turn. I attacked with the drake and the apprentice, bringing him down to 6, which was more than enough for my seven-damage Fireball. It was really exciting, and I think my opponent felt that victory was almost his. I really felt lucky to have lived.

0 comments:

Post a Comment